Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Midweek teaser: Favorite Book Endings

A good book has a great ending. A great book doesn't end, it continues in our head. 

Here some of my favorites endings:

"After all, tomorrow is another day."
Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell

"The old man was dreaming about the lions."
The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway

"He loved Big Brother."
1984, George Orwell

"Max stepped into his private boat and waved goodbye and sailed back over a year and in and out of weeks and through a day and into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him—and it was still hot."
Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak

"How wonderful the flavor, the aroma of her kitchen, her stories as she prepared the meal, her Christmas Rolls! I don't know why mine never turn out like hers, or why my tears flow so freely when I prepare them - perhaps I am as sensitive to onions as Tita, my great-aunt, who will go on living as long as there is someone who cooks her recipes."
Like Water for Chocolate, Laura Esquivel


"It begins like this: Barrabás came to us by sea…"
The House Of The Spirits, Isabel Allende


"Now the search is all that matters. I know there will come a time when I find my book, but it is far in the future. And I know without doubt that it will not be today. Yet, a strange hope remains. A hope that somehow, something, God, the demon, Ahura Maza, someone, will see I’m trying. I’m really trying and that will be enough."
A Short Stay In Hell, Steven Peck


Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, Stephen King

Which ones do you like? Let me know your favorite book ending.

Your writer in a foreign land

No comments:

Post a Comment